WWDC 2013 : The Whole New Beginning of iOS and OS X Revolution
As many of you all have already known about the new contents of WWDC this year, I will sum them up for you guys, so you won't need to watch the super-long keynote video, or if you still want to, it's here. (Credit : CNET)
SKIP TO 1:13:35
There's no iPhone 5s or new Macbook Pro line presented in this keynote, it will come soon, but at least not now. Today's updates consist of
- New Mac OS X : Mavericks
- New iOS 7
- New Macbook Air line
- Sneak Peak of the new Mac Pro
Summarized Updates Information
New Generation Mac Pro unveiled :
- It's an all-new Mac Pro, not even left out any old design or specs and WOW! it's quite impressive. Apple said that it will be capable to say that it lasts for like, 10 years! (Maybe because it's said that it will be assembled in USA.) It packs with a new CYLINDRICAL design features, and a very overwhelming specs. It even supports 4K displays, and after all, it is amazingly smaller. And if you are interested, here are the specs.
- 12 Cores Intel Xenon E5 CPU
- Dual AMD Graphics (First time ever on Mac)
- Flash Storage
- Six Thunderbolt 2.0 and four USB 3.0 ports
- A faster 1,866 Mhz DDR3 RAM
- Supporting up to three 4K Displays
- New thermal core, directing the heat through the center up to the top of the machine.
- MANY MORE CONFIGURABLE OPTIONS
To me, this is quite a professional Mac, which is suitable for a very professional use. If you are not that hardcore mac user, take a look at the new Macbook Air!
New Generation Macbook Air (2013) :
-It keeps the old design, but packs a lot more to impress us. Apple starts off with an amazing battery life with the new models. This generation Macbook Air is really an ideal laptop to use in daily life, with 12 HOURS BATTERY on 13 inch model and even 9 HOURS on 11 inch. Guess what, they CUT THE PRICE OFF the 13 inch model and DOUBLES the storage on baseline model.And it goes with the trend of Apple to bump the specs up a little bit, which goes as expected. It doesn't have the retina display which was rumored around quite a long time. (But it's not weird, because Apple already made a thin Retina Display Macbook Pro!) Here are the new specs.
- 4th Generation Intel Hashwell CPU (i5 or i7)
- Integrated Intel HD 5000 Graphics (Apple claims it improves graphics performance from HD 4000 for 40%) If anyone wonders, its performance is around Nvidia GeForce GT540-640m
- 802.11ac WiFi Support
- More SSD Speed (According to the review, it's even almost doubles the 15 inches Retina display Macbook Pro's Performance!)
- $999 and $1,099 for baseline 11 inches, 13 inches models respectively
- Ships now with Mountain Lion
- This is the main thing of keynote today. The iOS 7 just surprised everyone. Everything changes, what you see from the first version of iOS has been changed. At one point I actually think that the iOS 7 was inspired from Android and Windows Phone. At first glance, I saw the beautiful font on the lockscreen that was previewed and wow, that's basically almost the same to the Windows Phone's font. Even the new basic user interfaces looks quite familiar to Windows Phone. The additional Control Center has been added, which is the function that was already in Android OS for a long long time.
"Inspiration is not Copying, Apple is making the iOS better by some inspiration of other OS"
Apple just completely changed the UI of the phone, but keeping the old ways of using it. The transitions were changed a lot, the icons are much more vibrant.
There are new functions implemented, but it's more of an improvement such as, better Siri, new multitasking style, etc. All of the system applications theme were changed. Everything is more transparent and gives more 3D feelings.
Only these devices are eligible for the update! Coming this fall.
- iPhone 4 or later
- iPad 2 or later
- iPod touch 5th Generation or later
OS X Mavericks
-Only little updates are announced, they are quite small as well. The only main change is that the Mac OS will now brilliantly use the resources that the computer have, resulting in a faster system and more battery life. OS X Mavericks is the first OS X which doesn't use the name of the fellow cats or lions family. It's inspired by waves in Carlifornia. The updates are as following.
- Finder Tabs (Works like Safari)
- Multiple Displays
- iCloud Keychain (This one is quite interesting, it remembers your passwords or log in information and share to all of your devices, more convenience!)
- Advanced Technologies (Better power consumption and CPU/GPU management)
PHEWW! That's all for my update today, I'm quite free because I have no class. I hope you guys enjoy the contents! Thank you for reading my article!